Friday, December 5, 2014

Jars of Clay

Jars of Clay
In a way, this record represents, for me, a self-imposed eviction notice from a religious community that is unfit to live in.  I am packing up my things.  I will gather my questions, my opinions, my mistakes and confessions and start walking in search of….
Daniel Haseltine, lead vocalist Jars of Clay
Those are sad, hard words from an artist who was nurtured and popularized by the religious community he cannot find a place within.  Yet in the midst of those words, there is a glorious right-ness about his movement.  In his blog piece explanation about his ‘self-imposed’ eviction, Haseltine explains his weariness of pretending to be more than he is.  Never does God desire for us to be pretenders.

For the rest of this piece:  http://www.thebottomline.co/featured/jars-of-clay/

No comments:

Post a Comment