Monday, September 15, 2014

Why is life so hard?

I thought you all might enjoy this site as well.   And if you have a question, you'd like scriptural answers for, zap them my way, please. 

 It is another site I have the joy of writing for...therefore, I can't put the whole post on here, but I can drop the teaser :). 

Why is it so hard to live the Christian life? I try to do the right thing, but I feel like everything is against me.


It is a timeless question…and one that has to be confronted directly. The promise of peace and deliverance is mistaken as a promise to keep us from trouble—in reality, it is a promise to deliver us in difficulties.
There are many aspects to an answer for this, but the first that God lays upon my heart is this:
1 Peter 3:15New International Version (NIV)
15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
Our troubles are our opportunity to share in the work of Christ: faith in the goodness of God.  It is not faith to live peacefully in comfort.

Read the rest at:  http://bibleabout.org/?p=353

No comments:

Post a Comment